Sunday, June 6, 2010

72 Hours Later

Hello Blog World,

It has officially been 72 hours since my hymenectomy surgery. How am I? Sore.Optimistic.Bleeding.Better.
After three days, I am still a little sore. It mostly only hurts when I make sudden movements or when my medicine wears off. I think a lot of the reason why I am sore today is because I tried to do a lot yesterday. I attended a bridal shower of a friend yesterday. I am still bleeding a little,but it's not too bad. Also, I am still sleeping with an ice pack and taking my Tylenol 3 every three hours.
I am pretty optimistic that all of this will get better as time goes on. On a positive note, being sore actually makes me more aware of my body. Before, I wasn't that aware of my body. Whenever I tried to insert something,such as a tampon, it felt as if I was hitting a wall. However, the soreness now help me feel actually where the opening of the vagina is.
Before having the exam I was actually very worried that there was something wrong the the anatomy of my vagina. I thought I may not have an opening or if I did there was something wrong with it. Now, I can tell where the opening is in comparison to the rest of my vagina from where the soreness is.
It is kind of empowering now to know that there is nothing wrong with me. When I heal, I should be perfect. And, there is no reason why I will not be able to be successful with sex, tampon insertion, etc. after I heal.
I only have good things to look forward to. Now, my only question is, Why didn't do this sooner?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment