Saturday, June 5, 2010

Shower

Hello Blog World,
I am feeling better today. I slept with an ice pack and have been taking the Tylenol 3 every 3 hours. I'm still a little sore. But, every day is getting better.
Actually, I am feeling well enough to attend a bridal shower. A good friend of mine is getting married and I am a bridesmaid. We are having her shower this afternoon and I will hobble there if I have to! I wouldn't miss it for the world.
The hardest part about things like this is the fact that no one knows what I'm going through. So, I smile and pretend like everything is okay. And, no one knows both the physical and emotional pain the vaginismus and the Hymenectomy are causing me.
For those of you who may be new to the blog, I had my Hymenectomy surgery on Thursday. I know what your thinking, Hymen-What? Yeah, me too. The Hymenectomy was a procedure I had done to cut away a rigid hymen. I hoping this surgery along with both physical and emotional therapy will help me overcome my vaginismus.
I will be blogging about my healing experiences for the next 4 weeks. Then, I return to the doctor to make sure I have healed normally. After that, the hard stuff starts. I will begin the physical and emotional therapy. And hopefully, I will be on my way to recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment