Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Vaginismus Rears It's Ugly Head

Three weeks ago I had a Hymenectomy. Physically I am now, normal. I am healed. And, I should have no problems. Enter Vaginismus Stage Right.
Today I realized I had not posted lately. I have been on the post-college job search, which has taken up a lot of my time. Also, yesterday my husband was injured at work and we had to spend all day in the emergency room. He is pretty much fine now, just a really bad sprained ankle and foot. But, it's been crazy.
Anyway, today I decided I would perform an experiment for my blog. Since I am no longer any any pain whatsoever, I decided I would try to insert a small tampon. Epic Fail. I just put the tampon in place and hadn't even began to try to push it in yet, when I started to feel dizzy, light headed and my whole body tensed up. While trying to push it in, I could feel my legs and pelvic muscles tightening up and I literally couldn't even allow my self to put it in at all. So, I guess I will have to try again.
I go back to the doctor for a check up next Tuesday and I think that will help a lot. Hopefully she will be able to perform an exam on me. (I do think she is going to have to give me a stronger Valium this time, though to get through it). If she can perform the exam. And, I know something can be inserted, I am sure that will help with my emotional reactions.
You may have won this battle Vaginismus, but I shall win the war.

No comments:

Post a Comment