Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Some Background Info on Hymenectomy and Vaginismus

Hello all,

I just thought I would make a post about why I chose to have a Hymenectomy. It is true that a Hymenectomy surgery is not a cure for Vaginismus.
I chose to have a Hymenctomy 6 days of ago. After having a pelvic exam, it was discovered that I still had an intact hymen. Because of my intact hymen every time anything was attempted to be inserted into my vagina, I felt pain. This caused me to become involuntarily protective. Thus my Vaginismus, an involuntary clamping of the pelvic muscles, was born.
Now that I have had the Hymenectomy, the hope is there will no longer be pain when something is inserted into the vagina. So, just as my body learned to involuntarily clamp to prevent pain, it will learn it doesn't have to when there is no pain. This will mean both physical and emotional therapy for me. So that both my mind and my muscles will learn a new pattern of behavior.
The reason I am writing this is to let those who may be suffering from Vaginismus know that a Hymenectomy is not the "cure all" for their problem. Believe me, I wish it were that easy.
Again, I urge anyone who thinks they may have Vaginismus or an intact hymen or any problem whatsoever to contact someone. Contact a sex therapist, a gynecologist, your general doctor. And, if you can't find anyone to help you, contact me. I will talk to the doctors and therapist I see and we will try to help you.
NO ONE should have to suffer through this alone. That is the reason I am writing this blog. (That and the fact that writing about my experience, which I have told no one about, helps me to heal.) So, contact me with any questions or comments you might have.

2 comments:

  1. Hymenoplasty reconstructs lost hymen and recreates lost virginity. Vaginoplasty repairs vaginal tell-tale-signs of illicit sex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. During the process of Hymen hole along the lines of X in the Centre of Maidenhead. In India hymenoplasty Punjab Ludhiana city clinic Cocoona Refine perform best.

    ReplyDelete