Monday, July 12, 2010

3 1/2" In

I had success with the first dilator today! These are the measurements for the first dilator I have:

Unit Front Diameter Back Diameter Length
1 - Dilator 3/4" [19mm] 7/8" [22mm] 3-1/2" [90mm]

I was actually surprised that once I got the dilator in, it still only hurt at the opening. And, it didn't really hurt that bad. It felt more like a burning or a pinching at the opening and I couldn't really feel it at all past the opening. I am super excited with this progress! I feel like I finally have some real progress to report.
But, I also know what it is like to be out there scouring the internet and only find blogs about people who are making progress and cry because I wasn't. Remember, I had these books and dilators for two whole years before I made any progress. That is because I didn't know I had a medical condition, a rigid hymen, that was preventing progress. So, I definitely encourage you to see a gynecologist who understands these types of problems. The first gyno I saw, when I was 18, told me not to worry everything would take of itself when I got married. What a jerk! I had to see a sex therapist first, who then set up an appointment for me with a nurse practitioner who had experience working with women who suffered from vaginismus.
It is so much easier when you have people around you who support and understand what you are going through!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment