Thursday, July 15, 2010

Think of yourself as on the threshold of unparalleled success

I had more success with smallest dilator, today. I inserted the smallest dilator with relatively little pain. However, once I got it all the way in, I started to have a panic attack. I felt as if I was about to pass out. I ended up only being able to hold it in for a little while before taking it out.
After leaving it out for a few minutes, I reinserted it. This time it went in pretty fast and pretty painlessly. I was able to do the pelvic floor exercises while it was in and I was also able to pull it in and out a few times. I did all of this with very little pain.
I do feel a little sore now, but nothing too bad. I plan on taking the next few days off to rest. I'm also going to be in a wedding this weekend, so I will be out of town. So, Sunday I will start back up.
I plan on doing the extended time exercise on Sunday. This is where I will take the smallest dilator off of the holder and insert it. I will then put my underwear back on and try to leave the dilator inserted in my vagina for an extended period of time. The book suggested at least 30 minutes.
The pelvic floor exercises are designed to help you control your pelvic floor muscles. The Completely Overcome Vaginismus book suggests that you complete the floor exercises before you start inserting the dilators, then continue to do the exercises while the dilators are in.
There are four types of exercises; The Clamp- Flex (tighten) the PC muscles hard for three seconds and then relax them for three seconds, The Blink- Flex the PC muscles hard and then relax them as fast as you can in a flickering manner, The Slow Mo- Using the PC muscles, slowly squeeze your lips shut and pull up you pelvic floor as far as you can until it feels tight. Then slowly release, letting the pelvic floor down and out all the way.
It feels great to have success, but the rest of the dilators still seem pretty imposible...

No comments:

Post a Comment