Sunday, July 18, 2010

Still Hurting But Still Progressing

I made some more progress, today. After taking two days off, I decided I would try to insert the smallest dilator, again. I was able to insert it three different times, but the first two times it burned and was very uncomfortable. I then decided that I would try to lubricate the dilator with the sample of Astro Glide that came with the dilators. I had been using KY, but I think that may be contributing to the burning feeling I have been experiencing. I was able to insert the smallest dilator with the Astro Glide without pain. I will now be sending my husband out to buy more Astro Glide.
I then decided to take the next step and try to insert the 2nd dilator. The measurements for the 2nd dilator are:
2 - Dilator 15/16" [24mm] 1-1/16" [27mm] 4-5/16" [110mm]
I was able to get this dilator about half of the way in. However, it was very uncomfortable and started to hurt. So, I pulled it out. I plan on taking tomorrow night off because I have to work. (I am now working as a part-time reporter at a newspaper until I find something full-time and I have to cover a board meeting). I will try again on Tuesday. I will insert the smallest dilator again and then move on the the 2nd again. I hope I am able to get the 2nd dilator in all the way.
P.S. You may be wondering how I have a journalism degree and work as a reporter when most of my posts have AP,grammar and spelling mistakes. I really try to write this in the same manner as I would talk to or text a friend. Also, this is an outlet for me. So, I don't really want to spend time concentrating on AP Style and checking my spelling. I just want to be as honest as possible and get my story out there.
I want to help those of you who are also suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment